Thursday, January 15, 2009

This tag will (hopefully) be used a lot

This is in reply to Lisa's latest post. But I couldn't comment on it, so I put it here. Because I CAN.

Dear Lisa,
Earlier today, this transpired between D-Ber and me (I have decided to camouflage people's names on the internet by J-Loing them):
Me: i miss you like whoa
D-Ber: hehe
D-Ber: well git yo foo ass back!
Me: hahaha, i can't, lisa is almost here
Me: LISA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Me: THERE ARE NO WORDS FOR MY EXCITEMENT, LIKE, SERIOUSLY.
D-Ber: yeah
D-Ber: I betr
D-Ber: *bet
Me: i mean, lisa
D-Ber: I miss you both more with her gone too, oddly
Me: like, not even someone i'm kind of excited about. freaking lisa.
D-Ber: theres... nobody left
Me: because we're the same person

Anyway, obviously earlier today I missed you, but this entry has made me miss you even more. You're very entertaining online. Anyway, as for explaining jokes, I was hanging out with some friends from Germany, France, and the UK and I made a "That's what she said" joke, and they were like, "I don't understand, who said that?" So I know all about explaining jokes. However, that night my Canadian flatmate was talking about it being busy at work (he's a skydiving instructor. Seriously!) and he said, "We got pounded, man" and my Kiwi flatmate (who is a kayaking instructor, which has not been so busy. However, kayaking is awesome, so also Seriously!) went, "I would love to get pounded" and I (obviously) said, "That's what she said." And they both reacted like, "Yeah. You just made that joke." So SOME people get it.

Also, my own "That's what she said" just made me giggle in the retelling of the story. So that's me.

Love,
Kate

1 comment:

  1. Awwwwwww!!!

    You and Sparky are awesome. I'm going to tell Ben that Sparky said that he doesn't count as "anybody," heeheehee.

    I'm pretty super psyched meself, mostly because Juneau gets lame quickly when all your friends leave and it starts raining on top of five feet of snow.

    I don't get *how* you can say "I would love to get pounded" without a shit-eating fencer grin on your face... Even if you don't know That's What She Said!

    Final Jeopardy! Writer/Directors... Ever since Kate told me about guessing before they reveal the clue, I've tried to do that. I'm going to go with Clint Eastwood.

    ReplyDelete